Sometime TFS analysis database TFS_Analysis may get problems. For examples:
Error 1: Unable to get the required information about this cube. The cube might have been reorganized or changed on the server. The PivotTable was not refreshed.
Error 2: Detailed Message: TF221122: An error occurred running job Incremental Analysis Database Sync for team project collection or Team Foundation server TEAM FOUNDATION.
Exception Message: Error encountered when creating connection to Analysis Services. Contact your Team Foundation Server administrator. (type AnalysisServiceConnectionException)
Error 3: Exception Message: File system error: The following file is corrupted: Physical file: \\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data\Tfs_Analysis.0.db\Dim Team Project.0.dim\330.ProjectPath.ksstore. Logical file .
Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the Team Project dimension, from the file, ‘\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data\Tfs_Analysis.0.db\Dim Team Project.330.dim.xml’.
Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the Team System cube, from the file, ‘\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data\Tfs_Analysis.0.db\Team System.1191.cub.xml’.
In these cases you may have to rebuild the Cube and Warehouse of your TFS.
To rebuild the cube and warehouse, following these steps:
1. Delete analysis database TFS_Analysis
– Go to SQL Server and locate the folders contains TFS_Analysis database C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data
– Delete following files and folder: Tfs_Analysis.0.db, CryptKey.bin, Tfs_Analysis.0.db
– Restart SQL Server Analysis Database service
2. To recreate the Tfs_Analysis database, please refer to the following steps:
– Launch TFS Admin Console | Application Tier | Reporting, in the right panel, click Edit to open the Reporting window.
– Under the Analysis Services tab, input the Tfs_Analysis under Database textbox, and re-provide the required account under Account for accessing data source.
– Click Ok to generate the Tfs_Analysis database in Analysis Services.
– Click Start Jobs and Start Rebuild to rebuild warehouse and the Analysis Services database.
The similar way to recreated Tfs_Warehouse database under Warehouse tab in Reporting window.
Hope this help!